Saturday, August 22, 2009

Comment from a Granite Refugee

We got this in an email from the science teacher that went to an east-side junior high, thought you all might want to see it -
Dear Granite Ghosts, Today I had 7th grade Jump Start. I was assigned a 7th grade class yesterday late in the morning. Can you see me scrambling to get ready for this? I had them this morning in Jump Start. They are pretty cute. They are as lost as I am. I am still figuring out which stairs I take to get me up here to the 3rd floor. My windows face east so I get the full morning sun (my daughter calls this the Halleluja windows) but the blinds work okay. I got my room pretty well organized. No one stops by to chat because they don't know me yet. CA's niece teaches music and does the yearbook. M (custodian) works here but misses talking to C (front office) and T (other custodian) is still on vacation but will be here next week. J (Vice-P) is doing okay. I feel an ache, a hole inside when people talk about Granite; some of the teachers went to Granite as students. I had better stop writing because the automatic lights just went out because I am not moving around in the room (the same thing happens in the restroom which seems weird.)
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment